OPEN Technologies and its affiliated non-profit society, the OPEN Green Building Society, have supported a range of industry participants to design software solutions that promote energy efficient design and management for the built environment. We believe that decisions informed by data and knowledge of industry trends are better decisions, and that regulatory, financial, social, and environmental objectives can be aligned as a result.
Our team has decades of experience in green building innovation, software development, project management, and business development. With executive and management level experience in policy-making, real estate development, property management, architecture, energy modelling, product management, and business management, we have a holistic understanding of the building sector and the leverage points to create positive change.
We have a variety of SaaS products, both developed as fee-for-service contracts and ongoing products owned by the OPEN team. We take pride in maintaining a modern technology stack and writing beautiful, functional, maintainable code. All of our products are developed in Clojure. Front-ends are written in Clojurescript with the reagent library wrapping React.js.
Things you will do
- Write testable, maintainable code with an eye to enabling quick feedback in production
- Work with experienced mentors and mentor more junior developers in turn
- Own small to medium-sized features across their entire lifecycle from idea to production
- Work directly with product experts and clients to develop functional requirements.
- You are curious and self-motivated, and have a proven ability to learn quickly on the job
- You are a generalist software developer comfortable with both back-end and front-end systems
- You are a strong communicator with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional team
- You have 3+ years of industry experience
- You have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms) and functional programming concepts (immutability, referential transparency)
- You are looking for purpose-driven work with a tangible positive impact
We really want to talk to you if
- You have experience in Clojure or other functional programming languages such as Scala, Haskell, Erlang, F#.
- You have experience in the construction or real estate industries, or especially energy efficiency in the built environment.
- You have experience designing and developing data visualization or CRM tools
Agencies and Recruiters
We cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
How can you apply?
Please send the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Last Name, First Name, Intermediate Developer”.
- A brief resume showing relevant experience
- A brief cover letter that explains how you meet the requirements and why you are interested in working with OPEN
OPEN strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we are a part of. We particularly encourage applicants from groups that are underrepresented in tech such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, LGBTQ2 persons, and persons with disabilities.