OPEN Technologies built GRID to help jurisdictions run successful building energy benchmarking programs with ease. This software is made available to Canadian jurisdictions for free, thanks to funding from Natural Resources Canada.
GRID syncs with Standardized Energy Efficiency Database (SEED), an enterprise data platform that pulls data from ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (ESPM) and other sources to manage building attribute and utility data. This ensures building owners and managers can continue to use an interface they are comfortable with (ESPM), while program managers get access to insightful dashboards and metrics at a program level.
GRID helps jurisdictions manage the relationships that are involved in the successful management of any community engagement program. If your energy benchmarking program is voluntary, you can track who has opted in, and maintain a history of conversations and interactions, as well as keeping up to date the status of their properties in relation to the program.
Running a mandatory benchmarking program? GRID can help with this too. Track requests for exemption, status, and of course those same relationship management and utility data components.
No matter what kind of program you run, GRID can help visualize the data you are collecting into useful and actionable ways, most notably with the data visualization map. This map interface displays all disclosed properties and their utility information.
This product is intended for provinces, local governments, and industry associations who have the technical resources to run and host the software themselves. If that is not you, please consider other offerings below.
GRID – Software as a Service
This version of GRID has premium-only features and workflows – contact us at email@example.com for an updated list. It also includes regular maintenance updates, hosting, and technical support. Paying for GRID with an annual service charge ensures you can experience the latest version of the software, and can influence changes made to the software ongoing. This option requires no internal technical support.
Partially Managed & Fully Managed Programs
OPEN also offers program management for cities who do not have bandwidth to run such a program, but want to see the results. Please contact us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access GRID free, please read our end user license agreement and agree below.
End User License Agreement
BY INSTALLING, ENABLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU, THE LICENSEE, ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE SOFTWARE GRANTED HEREUNDER, YOU, THE LICENSEE, ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Under this End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”), Regenerative Applications Inc. (the “Vendor”) grants to the user (the “Licensee”) a non-exclusive and non-transferable licence (the “Licence”) to use the GRID benchmark and disclosure software application (the “Software”).
2. “Software” includes the executable computer programs, the source code and any related printed, electronic and online documentation and any other files that may accompany the product.
3. Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Software remain exclusively with the Vendor. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Software. This Agreement constitutes a licence for use only and is not in any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Software.
4. The Software may be loaded onto multiple computers owned or operated by the Licensee organization only for use only by employees or internal contractors of the Licensee organization. In each instance, a single copy may be made for backup purposes only.
5. The rights and obligations of this Agreement are limited rights granted to the Licensee organization only. Subject to Section 4 above, the Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under this Agreement to any other person or legal entity. The Licensee may not make available the Software for use by any external third parties (i.e. persons that are not employees or internal contractors of the Licensee organization).
6. The Software may not be modified, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies.
7. Failure to comply with any of the terms under the Licence section will be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
8. The Software is distributed to you, the Licensee, free of charge. The Vendor grants you the Licence contained hereunder in full consideration of your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth hereunder.
Limitation of Liability
9. The Software is provided by the Vendor and accepted by the Licensee “as is”. Licensee agrees that neither Vendor nor any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, licensors, business partners, successors nor assigns shall be liable for any claim whatsoever involving the Software in any way. Furthermore, should any version of the Software, including future versions, prove defective in any way, Licensee assumes the entire cost, if any, of loss or damage of any type and to any degree. The Vendor will not be liable for any general, special, incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss of production, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, or any other business or economic disadvantage suffered by the Licensee arising out of the use or failure to use the Software.
10. The Vendor makes no warranty expressed or implied regarding the fitness of the Software for a particular purpose or that the Software will be suitable or appropriate for the specific requirements of the Licensee.
11. The Vendor does not warrant that use of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Licensee accepts that software in general is prone to bugs and flaws within an acceptable level as determined in the industry.
Warrants and Representations
12. The Vendor warrants and represents that it is the copyright holder of the Software. The Vendor warrants and represents that granting the licence to use this Software is not in violation of any other agreement, copyright or applicable statute.
13. All terms, conditions and obligations of this Agreement will be deemed to be accepted by the Licensee (“Acceptance”) on installation of the Software.
14. No user support or maintenance is provided as part of this Agreement.
15. The term of this Agreement will begin on Acceptance and is perpetual, unless terminated in accordance with the terms hereof.
16. This Agreement will be terminated and the Licence forfeited where the Licensee has failed to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or is in breach of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Licensee will promptly destroy the Software or return the Software to the Vendor.
17. The Parties to this Agreement submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia for the enforcement of this Agreement or any arbitration award or decision arising from this Agreement. This Agreement will be enforced or construed according to the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
18. This Agreement can only be modified in writing signed by both the Vendor and the Licensee.
19. This Agreement does not create or imply any relationship in agency or partnership between the Vendor and the Licensee.
20. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine gender include the feminine gender and vice versa. Words in the neuter gender include the masculine gender and the feminine gender and vice versa.
21. If any term, covenant, condition or provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, it is the parties’ intent that such provision be reduced in scope by the court only to the extent deemed necessary by that court to render the provision reasonable and enforceable and the remainder of the provisions of this Agreement will in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated as a result.
22. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. All understandings have been included in this Agreement. Representations which may have been made by any party to this Agreement may in some way be inconsistent with this final written Agreement. All such statements are declared to be of no value in this Agreement. Only the written terms of this Agreement will bind the parties.
23. This Agreement and the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement apply to and are binding upon the Vendor’s successors and assigns.
24. The parties hereto confirm that it is their wish that this Agreement, as well as other documents relating hereto, have been and shall be written in the English language only. Les parties ci-dessus confirment leur désir que cet accord ainsi que tous les documents, y compris tous avis qui s’y rattachent, soient rédigés en langue anglaise.
25. All notices to the Vendor under this Agreement are to be provided at the following address: OPEN Regenerative Technologies Inc.: 210 – 128 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2C8.